“Get Religion blog” author Terry Mattingly exposes the errors: He points out the flaws in both the coverage of fundamentalism in the recent CNN article on Obama’s faith (Obama, the wrong kind of Christian) and in many conservative Christian’s misunderstanding of Obama’s faith. Most of us have something to learn about our caricatures of “those people.”
- 61,196 hits
- The Church is Christ’s Bride, Not His Baby Mama.
- What's so uncool about cool churches?
- Youth Ministry after "Cool Church": Sample Youth Teaching on Genesis 1 & 2
- I Double-Dog Dare You: The playground predicted TEC/South Carolina problems.
- Rappelling, Race and Your Role in the Redemption of the World
- Camp counselors and band rap/jam at Chapel Rock Summer Camp
- What the heck are Anglican/Episcopalians? How "brand name" Christianity might bless you. (1 of 2)
- How we worship...and does it matter? (Pt. 1)
- Why the big-box church works for the over 35 but not the under 25.
Blogs I Follow
- Thinking Out Loud
- Reveds's Blog
- The Curate's Desk
- Homilies, Prayers, and Bread for the Journey...
- Worthily Magnify
- Effective Youth Ministry
- Interrupting the Silence
- A Tribe Called Anglican
- Pilgrimage to Geneva
- Summum Bonum
- Creedal Christian
- Fusion Musing
- The Loose Canon
- The Conciliar Anglican
- Joseph Boston
- Entangled States
- Jeff Skeens
- From a Craxy, Mized Up World
- PhD's and Prisoners: The weirdest, coolest thing I have ever been a part of fb.me/KinD1K3B 3 days ago
- PhD's and Prisoners: The weirdest, coolest thing I have ever been a part of wp.me/p2Gq9e-hL 3 days ago
- @mshanecarlson I appreciate you too, friend. 6 days ago
- @ChristianUnityM Thanks for the retweet! 6 days ago
- @PeteBphx Thanks, Pete! 6 days ago
My friends say I'm a "provocateur," but really I'm just thinking out loud. I am Director of Youth and Young Adults for the Diocese of Arizona and lead a multi-ethnic church planting team in Central Phoenix for people passionate that the church should look like their neighborhood. (www.mystjudes.com) I have been captivated by Christ. This involved an adolescence as an argumentative atheist until being convinced that we are here by design in a Biology class. I have been a teacher, Aftercare Coordinator (Remuda Ranch Center & wrote their Recovery Workbook), and served 17 great years on Young Life staff. In high school I was paid to hang out with NBA players as a Phoenix Suns ball-boy. I am married to Kari and have two children, Ellie and Luke.
Tag this…ancient-future Augustine bible camp chapel rock Christ and Culture Church Conflict community conflict cool church Diocese of South Carolina discipleship episcopal church episcopalian Eucharist evangelism faith fear Formation formation/discipleship Kyriarchy leadership development Lord's Supper Mark DeYmaz Mark Lawrence Marriage Matt Marino Mega Church PhoenixOne politics race relevant church religion sacrament sacramental scripture South Carolina teaching the gospel side Tradition What’s so uncool about cool churches? worship young adults youth group meetings youth ministry